Our bodies are amazing. Think about it – can you imagine anyone creating a machine as incredible as our bodies? They can heal themselves, adapt to new situations, and perform countless tasks every day without us even thinking about it.
Our Bodies are Incredible
Recently, I got a scratch on my car, and it reminded me how amazing our bodies are. If I want to get the scratch fixed, I have to take it somewhere and have someone else do it. But when we scratch our bodies, they heal themselves. When we get a cold, our bodies fight it off and heal themselves too. Our bodies are constantly working to keep us healthy and functioning, even when we don’t realize it.
Taking Our Bodies for Granted
It’s easy to take our bodies for granted and focus on what we don’t like about them, but taking a moment to appreciate all the incredible things our bodies do can help us shift our mindset and learn to love our bodies just as they are.
Examples of Amazing Things Our Bodies Do
These are a few examples of the amazing things our bodies do for us every day:
- Our bodies digest food and turn it into energy so we can go about our day.
- Our immune systems protect us from illness and disease.
- Our muscles and bones work together to allow us to move, walk, run, and jump.
- Our skin acts as a barrier to protect us from the environment.
- Our lungs breathe in oxygen and expel carbon dioxide so we can stay alive.
- Our hearts beat tirelessly to pump blood and keep us alive.
- Our brains control everything we do, from our thoughts and emotions to our movements and senses.
Why Do We Beat Ourselves Up?
So why do we beat ourselves up over what our bodies look like? We should be grateful for all the amazing things our bodies do for us every day. Instead of focusing on what we don’t like about our bodies, we should focus on what we can do and be grateful for that.
Loving Your Body
Loving your body is not just for those who don’t look like the media’s definition of “normal.” I know several people who, by media standards, look amazing, but they still hate their bodies. Body image coaching is for anyone who wants support in loving their body and being grateful for what it can do.
So, let’s start loving our bodies no matter what size we are. Let’s appreciate the amazing things our bodies do for us every day, from running a marathon to simply getting out of bed in the morning. And if you need support in loving your body, I’m here to help. Book a call with me, and let’s work together to shift your mindset and find joy in the body you have.